9 things I hate more than writing a blog – Georgia
I love Jude, she’s the best, but every couple of months my love for her diminishes very quickly. She sends me the email I live in fear of…’Please can I have your blog by the end of the week?’ Despite knowing it’s due well in advance it never fails to send me into a blind panic. What do I write? It feels like I’m about to sit an A-level English assessment that I’m going to fail on a monumental level.
It got me thinking. Is there anything I hate more than this bi-monthly email? To be honest, I’m not sure there is, but these are close runners;
- Covid – Like everyone I hate Covid for so many reasons, but for me more so today. I’m typing this while my daughter recovers from COVID…FOR THE 2ND TIME IN 10 MONTHS. Maybe I should be grateful to be able to spend some 1-2-1 time with her, but it has been 8 days. 8 DAYS. That’s a very long time to discuss (in great depths) her school dramas, Roblox, Netflix boxsets, what she’s going to wear at Christmas…the list goes on, and on, and on, and on…
- Camping in the rain – those who read my last blog will understand my reasons behind this. Its just not fun. Not one iota.
- Flying – Sitting in a very heavy long metal tube miles up in the sky just isn’t natural right? I know that the end result is normally worth it, but to reach the sun, sea & cocktails I like to cause a bit of a scene, cry and hold hands with anyone willing to humor my irrational fear – sometimes to the ‘delight’ of random strangers.
- Calling the bank / doctors – press 1 to be cut off, press 2 to go back to the beginning, press 3 to totally lose your mind. You know the drill…
- TikTok – Hours of my life wasted. I could have cured Covid in the time I have wasted ‘just logging on to see what people are posting’
- Strawberry Yogurt – Put me in the celebrity jungle but please don’t make me eat a strawberry yogurt.
- Christmas Fetes – Everything about them. Crowds, long queues for everything, overpriced rides, crying children. The only good thing is watching every other family having the same arguments and stress.
- Milky Tea – When you’re desperate for a good cuppa is there anything more disappointing?
- Jude – but only for 5 minutes every 2 months.